Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Only Human After All

Science sucks. No really, it does. And I don't mean high school science, I mean science at third year university level. This is science to such a degree that I can recite entire paragraphs that sounds like they are written in a different language. When writing about how G1-Cdk phosphorylates pRb so that it is unable to bind to E2F and thus E2F is able to phosphorylate other proteins with the help of cyclin D, it is all I can do not to pack up laughing. I mean, it's so difficult that it almost has comedic value. Almost, but not quite.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated by cellular functions on a molecular level, and everything, but sometimes I wonder why I'm putting myself through the pure hell that is a Bachelor of Science. when all I want to do when I'm Grown Up is to work in the music industry. Writing, producing, promoting, I don't really care what I'm doing, it's the industry in general that attracts me. I know I'm not going to be the next Taylor Swift, but I wouldn't say no to that either...

And if you bump into the devil, him him I understand, rather the devil you know than the devil you don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment